As an avid traveler, you should make it a point to include an African safari holiday in your life’s bucket list of wonderful adventures. This means spending a day or two in the wilderness, as you get up close and personal with Africa’s fascinating wildlife moving freely like a hush of the wind that crosses the dust.
Known as the world’s ultimate wildlife destination, there are a lot of things that Africa’s Safari can offer to its tourists, from flock of elephants happily mud-bathing in the sun to a pack of wild dogs chasing their prey at high-speed. These are only few of the things the wildlife Safari in Africa can offer.
Make your first step towards making this outdoor adventure come true, by taking a look at this list of the three top spots for an exhilarating Safari adventure in Africa from Signature Safaris.
The glistening country of Botswana is not only known for its shining and shimmering reserve of diamonds, but also for its remarkable safari adventures. As tourist in this country, expect to be mesmerized by the sight of iconic animals like the brawny black-maned lion as well as the gigantic elephants in the Kalahari area and any part of the Botswana region. Aside from elephants and lions, the country has a plethora of other colorful creatures, such as a variety of bird species, cheetahs, leopards, and wild dogs.
As a premier Safari destination, Botswana offers a long list of luxurious and exclusive lodges. Mombo camp, the country’s flagship and the most highly rated safari, is a beautiful lodge located in the heart of Okavango Delta, overlooking a floodplain the Chief’s Island. It is quite reputable for their excellent guest service, top-class accommodation and enormous game densities.
In Botswana, you get to experience a nearly exclusive safari with a network of private concessionaires that comes with a price. But, this ultimate experience rarely disappoints.
The arid country of Namibia is a one-of-a-kind safari destination with a surprising divergence. The vastness of the shifting sand sea makes Namibia the cradle of two of the great African deserts, the Namib and Kalahari Deserts. What’s more, this destination boasts a rather unique safari atmosphere.
A large number of cheetahs, leopards, rare black rhinos and other endemic desert-adapted species can be found on the wilderness of Namibia, especially in Etosha National Park. You can practically gaze through almost all animals in this park. But if you want to have a more intimate safari experience, Okonjima, a private guest farm, will definitely suit you.
By the way, for those who want to drive themselves around the stunning scenery of Africa’s wildlife, Namibia is indeed the best pick, as it is easy to travel through the areas.
The list for places for a spectacular safari doesn’t end without mentioning South Africa. The range of possibilities is endless when you ask the best wildlife safari in this country. South Africa simply offers the ‘classic’ wildlife safaris with amazing game viewing and a deep sense of African adventure.
In Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, you get to feast your eyes on a good number of cute little meerkats. Likewise, there are notable numbers of elephants and cheetahs roaming freely in the area. If, however, you are looking for a more romantic ambience, then Kruger National Park is for you. Here, you can get the best luxury accommodation with spectacular views of the vastness of the wildlife. You can opt to have a bedroom where you can stargaze on the comfort of your bed.
Travel Tips for Any Destination of Choice in Africa
Taking an African safari is a must-do adventure that should be on every traveler’s bucket list. It’s a chance to explore some of the most beautiful landscapes and diverse wildlife in the world. However, there are certain things you should keep in mind to make sure you get the most out of your trip. Here are the top 5 tips for planning your African safari:
1. Choose Your Location Wisely: Africa is a huge continent with many different regions and climates. Make sure you research carefully to find the best destination for your interests and budget. Consider environmental factors such as dry or wet seasons, terrain, and accessibility before booking your trip.
2. Know What to Pack: Packing correctly can make or break your safari experience. The climate will affect what type of clothing and footwear you need, but some basic items to bring include rain gear, sunscreen, binoculars, insect repellent, and a first-aid kit.
3. Pick the Right Tour Company: Choosing a reputable tour company with experienced guides is essential for ensuring safety and getting the most out of your trip. Read reviews online or ask for recommendations from other travelers who have been on African safaris before.
4. Book Early: To avoid disappointment, book well in advance as safaris tend to sell out quickly due to their popularity among travelers. This also allows enough time to prepare all necessary documents such as passport renewal or visa applications if needed.
5. Respect Wildlife: Always remember that wild animals have their own space which should be respected at all times by staying at least 10 meters away from them when possible and not making loud noises that could disturb them during your game drive or walk in nature reserves or national parks. Taking pictures of wildlife is allowed only if it doesn’t disturb or endanger them in any way; always leave no trace behind when viewing animals in their natural habitats so they don’t get used to humans too much over time!
These top 5 tips will help ensure that you have an unforgettable African safari experience! With careful planning , respect for wildlife, and preparation for any unexpected emergencies; you’re sure to create memories that will last a lifetime! From understanding local customs and cultures to knowing how best to pack for any weather condition; these tips will help you get ready for whatever thrilling adventures await you on your journey through this magical continent!